Who is eligible for financial assistance?
An Eligible Applicant is an agricultural producer who has applied to the Program and:
- is a taxable entity (e.g. individual, corporation or trust), limited partnership, commune, cooperative, or First Nation Band;
- carried on a business of farming in PEI and reported farming income (or loss) to the Canada Revenue Agency for income tax purposes;
- For applicants that are not required to file farm income tax, Acceptable Documentation that demonstrates the production and sale of agricultural commodities must be provided;
- had seeded more than 2 acres of beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, onions, parsnips, potatoes, and/or rutabagas in Prince Edward Island in 2018; and
- is not a government funded research station, agency or institution.
Where can I find more information?
What is the deadline to submit an application?
The deadline to submit an application is August 30, 2019.
For more information, please contact:
PEI Agricultural Insurance Corporation
7 Gerald McCarville Drive
PO Box 400
Kensington PE C0B 1M0
Phone : 902-836-0435