Supporting more sustainable transportation in Prince Edward Island will help Islanders lower their impact on the environment, while encouraging more walking, cycling, and community transit.
What is sustainable transportation?
Sustainable transportation is the movement of people in a way that has a low impact on the environment. This includes:
- community transportation (including urban and rural transit),
- walking, biking and carpooling,
- cleaner and more efficient vehicle technologies, and
- community planning and design.
Sustainable Transportation Action Plan
PEI’s Sustainable Transportation Action Plan has 27 action items to be implemented in the areas of transit, vehicles, active transportation and community design.
The Sustainable Transportation Action Plan has four focus areas, each with a number of action items. The focus areas are:
- Urban and Rural Transit
- Vehicles and Transportation
- Active Transportation
- Community Design and Infrastructure