COVID-19 Workspace Adaption Assistance Fund
The COVID-19 Workspace Adaption Assistance Fund provides a non-repayable contribution toward the cost of implementing a COVID-19 Operational Plan.
Who is eligible for funding?
Prince Edward Island businesses, not-for-profits, and non-governmental organizations that have incurred costs to implement safety measures of a COVID-19 Operational Plan, with the exception of:
- Real Estate Developers
- Other government organizations
*Other funding opportunities are available.
What activities are supported through this program?
This Fund contributes to costs (retroactive to March 16, 2020) that are directly related to implementing safety measures of a COVID-19 Operational Plan, including but not limited to:
- Physical changes to workplaces specifically for the purpose of protecting employees and customers (examples: plexiglass dividers, new walls or dividers, new entryway systems, construction labour, intercom and communication systems).
- Purchase of equipment (examples: hand sanitizer stations, sterilizing equipment, portable hand wash stations).
- Engineering and design services related to the changes required for the Covid-19 Operational Plan.
- Personal Protective Equipment (examples: gloves, masks, face shields, gowns, hand sanitizer).
- COVID-19 specific signage (examples: directional and physical distancing signs, floor decals, and health and wellness signs).
What activities are NOT supported through this assistance?
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies and services.
- Expenses incurred before March 16, 2020.
- Owner or staff labour.
- Other items deemed not related to the COVID-19 Operation Plan.
What level of assistance is available?
Maximum Fund contribution of $2,000 (based on 75% of Eligible Project Costs).
One application per business will be accepted.
What criteria are used to evaluate funding applications?
Eligible costs will be reimbursed based on the merits of the application.
Applicants must clearly identify the work that has been completed and how it directly relates to the implementation of their COVID-19 Operation Plan.
Applicants must attest that the costs have been incurred and paid, and agree to retain all documents for a period of three years for the purpose of a follow-up audit by Innovation PEI.
The project must be completed before applying to this Fund; labour and materials must be purchased from a third party (arms-length) supplier to be considered eligible costs.
How do I apply?
- Online applications are recommended; however, a printable PDF form is available. The form can be mailed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Before beginning the application, download the Project Claim Form spreadsheet and complete.
- To complete the application you will need the Company's business and banking information, including a copy of a VOID cheque.
- The application must be completed in full to be considered an application.
When is the deadline for applications?
Online applications can be submitted until July 15, 2020, subject to budget availability.
What are the terms and conditions of the application?
Who can I contact for information?
94 Euston Street, PO Box 910
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7L9
Telephone: (902) 368-6300
Facsimile: (902) 368-6301