Emergency Working Capital Financing
A financing program has been developed to provide emergency working capital financing to assist PEI’s small business during this unprecedented economic disruption to business, caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. This new loan program is to assist qualifying companies maintain normal business operations during these difficult times.
Eligible applicants can apply to receive a working capital loan of up to $100,000 with a fixed interest rate of 4% per annum to be used to assist with fixed operating costs (including payroll, rent, utilities etc) with principal & interest payments deferred for a minimum of 12 months.
How do I qualify?
For an applicant to be eligible for assistance, the following criteria must be met:
- Existing small businesses (startups not eligible) located and operating in the Province of PEI, and have been generating revenue on PEI
- Registered to conduct business within the Province of PEI
- The applicant has a satisfactory credit rating and must not have any defaulted outstanding debt obligation on file in the Province’s Central Default Registry
What are the details of the loan?
- Up to a maximum of $100,000 per company
- The loans will bear interest at fixed rate of 4% per annum, commencing at first disbursement and accruing during the term of the loan.
- Repayment of this loan will commence 12 months after the first disbursement, with the balance outstanding to be repaid over the remaining 5 year period (for a total term of 6 years).
- Loans are secured by:
- Promissory Note for the full amount of the loan
- Personal guarantees of the business owner(s)
- General Security Agreement
- No application fee
How do I apply?
Small businesses on PEI will be required to submit an application and supporting documentation to Finance PEI, including:
- Financial statements for the most recent year end;
- Interim financial statements for the current year to date;
- Detailed listing of what the loan proceeds will be used for and when funding will be needed;
- Statement of Personal Financial Affairs (personal net worth statement) from all applicable shareholders
- Eligible Working Capital Expense Worksheet
Successful applicants will be issued a Letter of Offer outlining the complete terms and conditions of the loan.
Ongoing financial reporting will be required
How is the loan disbursed?
Loan proceeds will be disbursed on an as needed basis for clients, through multiple advances with supporting documentation.
Complete the Application for Emergency Working Capital Financing
Who can I contact for more information?
Applicants can direct all inquiries and submit their application with supporting documentation by email only to email@example.com. Staff of Finance PEI will contact you directly upon receipt.
The Small Business Loan Program will be administered by Finance PEI