Product and Market Development Program
PROGRAM INTAKE NOTICE
All of the Department's non-business risk management programs under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) agreement are open for application.
The Agriculture Stewardship Program will be accepting applications for the following Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs) on May 8, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.. If you have already applied to the program and need to reapply, you will be contacted directly by your project advisor.
- Nutrient Management Demonstration Trial
- Silage Storage
- Manure Storage
- Covered Feedlot
- Exercise Yard adjacent to Covered Feedlot
- Alternate Watering Systems/Power to Remote Sites
- Stream Crossings for Livestock or Farm Machinery
- Agricultural Water Quality
- On-farm Water Use Efficiency
- Sustainable Agricultural Water Supply
- Irrigation Efficiency
- Water Well Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Beneficial Crop at time of Commercial Crop
- IPM Trials – On-farm research assessing the efficacy of new IPM strategies
Please note that only projects that comply with current Public Health Directives related to COVID-19 will be eligible for funding.
Business Risk Management Programs:
The AgriInsurance, AgriStability, AgriInvest, and AgriRecovery Programs are still operating under normal deadlines unless you are notified of a change. AIC staff will be in contact if any deadlines change.
The Product and Market Development Program is designed to expand domestic and international competitiveness by supporting small and medium-sized agricultural producers, agri-businesses and agri- processors to expand their product base or markets through value-added and agri-food processing projects and market development activities on PEI and through intra-jurisdictional projects.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agriculture industry organizations and associations;
- Agricultural Producers;
- Provincial/Territorial Governments;
- Small and medium-sized Agri-Businesses and Agri-Processors; and
- Other applicants may be considered upon request.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Purchase of machinery and equipment;
- Attending (but not exhibiting at) a trade show once for a new market;
- Exploring new or emerging markets;
- Investigative travel to new or emerging markets;
- Incoming buyer missions of new buyers from export markets for the purpose of gathering market intelligence;
- Research for the purpose of exploring new and emerging markets; and
- Feasibility studies related to delivery of products.
Where can I find more information?
Can I apply online?
Eligible applicants can apply using the online form at the bottom of this page. Applicants are encouraged to review the program and application requirements prior to completing the online form.
Who do I contact about the Product and Market Development Program?
Product and Market Development Agriculture Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857