Future Farmer Program
The Future Farmer Program will support the expansion of domestic and international competitiveness by supporting new farmers to improve the probability that they establish or continue profitable and sustainable commercial farm businesses. The program will help new entrants through three streams of entry, identify and prioritize their business goals and will help them identify planning, management and technical skills that are needed to reach their goals.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations who are new agricultural producers with a business or succession plan; and
- New agricultural producers with a business or succession plan.
Note: Applicants who do not have a business or succession plan may be eligible for coaching and training support through the Future Farmer Program.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Facilitation and coaching assistance by a program advisor;
- Development and implementation of continuous improvement on-farm projects;
- Skills assessment and development of Personal Learning Plan;
- Skills development and training assistance by a third-party;
- Analytical laboratory testing; and
- Participation in the following Business Risk Management (BRM) Programs: AgriStability and AgriInsurance.
Where can I find more information?
For more information contact:
Future Farmer Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857