Energy efficiency incentives
Because the cheapest energy is the energy you never use, energy efficiency can save Islanders money and reduce energy use. Islanders who are interested in reducing their energy consumption can benefit from energy efficiency grants and rebates.
- Energy audits to help you see where you can save energy
- Home insulation rebates for the installation of insulation, air sealing improvements as well as ENERGY STAR® windows and doors
- Energy efficient equipment rebates for the installation of ENERGY STAR® certified heating equipment including heat pumps, water saving devices, biomass heating devices, and other energy saving products
- Additional rebates and free weatherization for low income homeowners
- Solar electric rebates
- Financing available to help with upfront cost of energy efficient equipment, insulation, and solar
- Incentives for building energy efficient new homes
- Year round rebates on energy efficient appliances at local retailers
- Tenants with low-to-moderate income can access free air-sealing and energy efficient upgrades
For businesses, non-profits, and industrial/agricultural facilities
- Community energy solutions for energy efficiency upgrades to businesses and organizations
- Rebates on energy efficient lighting and equipment
- Rebates on solar electric installation
If you need information on this program or any other energy efficiency help, get in touch. Visit us at efficiencyPEI at 69 Belvedere Avenue in Charlottetown or at Access PEI in Summerside. Program information is also available at any Access PEI location.
Energy efficiency incentives are a cost-shared with the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Fund.