Hunting Guide and Outfitter Licence
You must be registered with the Province as a licensed hunting guide or outfitter to charge a fee for service or to accompany more than two non-resident hunters at a time. Once registered, you may accompany maximum four non-resident hunters and cannot actively hunt while guiding. A PEI resident with a valid hunting licence may accompany up to two non-resident (licensed) hunters providing they receive no payment or other compensation for service.
Am I eligible for PEI hunting guide or outfitter licence?
To register in PEI as a licensed hunting guide or outfitter, you must:
- be 19 years of age or older;
- have a valid PEI hunting licence;
- have a valid Firearms Safety certificate;
- have a valid emergency first aid and CPR certificate;
- pass a competency test which will confirm your knowledge of applicable legislation, hunting practices, firearm and hunter safety, and other related topics; and
- not be prohibited from owning or possessing firearms.
For details on hunting regulations and other facts such as open season dates, daily bag and possession limits, hunter safety, as well as ethics and responsibilities, refer to the PEI Hunting and Trapping Summary.
What is the licensing fee for hunting guides and outfitters?
Registered Hunting Guide Licence:
- PEI resident: $30
- Non-resident: $50
Registered Hunting Outfitter Licence:
- PEI residents and non-resident: $50 (Outfitter licence allows an individual or company to provide services, equipment, guides or guiding services in relation to hunting.)
How do I apply?
Submit full payment with a completed Hunting Guide/Outfitter Licence Application Form to:
Forests, Fish and Wildlife Division
183 Upton Rd.
Charlottetown PE Canada