The Anti-Racism Table invites individuals, community organizations and stakeholders to apply for microgrants to undertake initiatives that promote anti-racism work on PEI.
This new one-time funding initiative supports the Anti-Racism Table’s mandate to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion in Prince Edward Island that recognizes the need to address racism, as well as to strengthen the link between racial equality and community cohesion.
Eligible projects must align with one or more of the following goals:
- Strengthening organizational capacity with activities focused on anti-racism
- Public outreach, engagement and advocacy
- Strengthening BIPOC communities
Eligible projects can include the following activities or themes, amongst others:
- Creating educational tools to address anti-racism (eg. executive anti-racism training)
- Design and implement anti-racism initiatives
- Art and anti-racism
- Podcast or newsletter that address anti-racism
- Encouraging BIPOC youth representation and participation on ABC’s (agencies, boards or commissions)
There are three (3) microgrant streams that youth, individuals and organizations can apply to for project funding:
- Youth applicants (age 14 to 24 years) can request one-time funding ranging from $100 to $1000.
- Individuals can request one-time funding ranging from $100 to $1500.
- Not-for-profit organizations and boards, community organizations and professional associations can request one-time funding ranging from $1000 to $3000.
Funding Application Deadline
Project proposals must be addressed to the Anti-Racism Table, questions and proposals can be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for funding, project proposals must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 4, 2022.