Midwives Recruitment Incentive Program
The PEI Midwives Recruitment Incentive Program provides incentives to Registered Midwives to fill high-demand vacancies within Health PEI.
Who is eligible for this program?
Eligible midwives who meet the following criteria:
- able to practice on PEI according to the College of Registered Nurses and Midwives of Prince Edward Island (CRNMPEI). Midwives will need the following to practice in PEI:
- Baccalaureate program in midwifery offered by an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada, approved by the Council, or
- Education or training the Council considers substantially equivalent.
The midwifery education programs in Canada can be found at https://camed-acfsf.ca/resources
- legally entitled to work in Canada;
- registered or eligible for registration as a Registered Midwife with the College of Registered Nurses and Midwives of Prince Edward Island;
- Note: Residents of Prince Edward Island are eligible.
What is the financial incentive and is there a return in service (RIS) commitment?
- $5,000 for 3900 working hours (two years full-time) RIS commitment for eligible Midwives who have completed their studies, mentorship, and have less than five (5) years of full-time work experience as a Registered Midwife.
- $15,000 for 5850 working hours (three years full-time) RIS commitment for eligible Midwives with a minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience as a Registered Midwife.
A return-in-service agreement must be signed by the Midwife, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI.
You can apply for Midwife positions online at Jobs PEI. You will need to complete the following steps to submit an on-line application:
- Create a Jobs PEI account using a valid email address and contact information;
- Apply for the Midwife opportunities by competition number using your Jobs PEI account.
- If you are awarded and accept a Midwife job offer with Health PEI, you are eligible to receive the Midwives Recruitment Incentive.
Contact the PEI Health Recruitment and Retention Secretariat of PEI for more information about employment opportunities and the PEI Midwives Recruitment Incentive Program.