Quitting smoking is the single most important thing you can do for your health. If you want to quit smoking, the Smoking Cessation Program (Quit Care Program) can help.
- You will have five sessions with an addiction nurse to help you understand what triggers your smoking and how to develop a personal plan to deal with these situations.
- You may be eligible for cost assistance (up to $75 per year) for stop-smoking medication such as nicotine patch, gum, or Zyban. Learn more about the Quit Smoking Drug Program.
- You can participate in individual and group counseling sessions.
Who can I contact for help to quit smoking?
Call the Smokers’ Helpline at 1-877-513-5333 (toll-free) or an Addiction Services office in your area:
- Souris: (902) 687-7110
- Montague: (902) 838-0960
- Charlottetown: (902) 569-0524 or Toll-free 1-888-299-8399
- Summerside: (902) 888-8380
- Alberton: (902) 853-0401