Getting the necessary permits
Depending on the type of business you are planning, you may have regulatory control or require a licence or permit to operate. It is your responsibility to understand any regulations related to your business, which licences or permits you need to operate, and when you need to apply to ensure your paper work is in order before you begin.
You will require registration and licensing for starting and managing your business in Prince Edward Island. You may also need permits and licences related to the following:
- Business and professional services
- Construction, development and zoning
- Dangerous goods and waste
- Electrical, plumbing, heating, pools, etc.
- Manufacturing or processing food or goods
- Serving, selling, exporting or importing
- Use of roads, sidewalks and public facilities
How can I get information about permits related to my business?
For more information, go to Regulations, Permits and Licensing.
An online service to help you find the permits and licences you may need to start or operate your business is available at Prince Edward Island Business Permit and Licence Information - BizPal.