Global Trade Services
Trade and Export
Innovation PEI's Global Trade Services division is mandated to grow revenue created from export sales and to help Prince Edward Island companies become export ready. The division offers training and support for market entry activities and market-specific information.
See Financial Supports and Services that support these initiatives.
Innovation PEI's experienced Trade and Export Development Professionals are available to provide help to Prince Edward Island companies interested in exporting.
Locations are carefully selected to meet the needs of traditional and emerging markets both abroad and between provinces. In cooperation with Trade partners, Innovation PEI offers a cost-effective way to explore new markets. The team offers logistical support to companies venturing into new markets.
This approach involves:
- Hosting market awareness sessions
- Contracting an in-market consultant or matchmaker
- Ground transportation to and from sales calls
- Networking opportunities
- Placement of team representatives during the mission
- Marketing support
The Global Trade Services division identifies marketing events and trade shows of interest to Prince Edward Island companies.
Support may be available to help companies:
- Use marketing ideas before, during, and after the event
- Choose an exhibit display booth that meets your promotional needs and budgetary requirements
- Use display accessories, banners, graphics, lighting, booth design, and materials to heighten visibility and drive sales
- Select tradeshow promotional products and giveaways that complement your company image
- Ensure those working the show are well trained to fully represent your company, generate leads, and secure sales
- Travel cost rebates
Market Awareness Sessions
Innovation PEI opens the door to Market Awareness Sessions to introduce your business to new markets. These informative meetings are conducted by our experienced team at Innovation PEI in partnership with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency.
Innovative Food Strategy
The Prince Edward Island Value-Added Food Processing sector has a long history of making significant contributions to the Island economy and is a natural fit for the province with:
- world-class products
- productive farmland
- an internationally known culinary brand
- quality infrastructure and a highly-trained workforce
- Value-added food development and production
Innovation PEI has many financial supports and services to help your company start, grow and expand food product lines.
The Food Export Directory highlights over 100 Prince Edward Island companies in the seafood and agriculture industries. Each company profile includes contact information, product listings, markets, brands and more.
Incoming Buyers Assistance
Support for hosting International or Domestic buyers is available through Innovation PEI. Your active and export-ready company on Prince Edward Island is eligible for support to bring potential buyers and business partners to the province. This will help your company establish or strengthen business relationships and advance revenue generation opportunities.
For more information, contact our Global Trade Services Professionals.
*This information is provided for information purposes and is not comprehensive and reflective of all Innovation PEI policies. Not all projects meeting the minimum assistance criteria outlined will receive funding. Please consult with an Innovation PEI staff member for guidance specific to your company's situation.
General Contact Information
94 Euston Street, PO Box 910
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7L9
Telephone: (902) 368-6300
Facsimile: (902) 368-6301