Child Protection

By law, you must contact Child Protection Services if you think a child is being abused or neglected by a parent or guardian.

If you think a child is unsafe, you must call Child Protection Services.
    Time of Day
    Toll-free telephone number to call
    During business hours
    After business hours

    Types of Child Abuse

    • child is being physically, sexually or emotionally hurt by a parent;
    • child has been hurt and a parent did not prevent it but could have;
    • child is living in a home where there is domestic violence;
    • child is being neglected by their parent.
    Published date: 
    September 23, 2019
    Social Development and Housing

    General Inquiries

    Department of Social Development and Housing
    2nd Floor, Jones Building
    11 Kent Street
    PO Box 2000
    Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

    Phone: 902-620-3777
    Toll-free: 1-866-594-3777
    Fax: 902-368-4740