Prince Edward Island is a leader in waste management thanks to participation by residents, employees and business owners. Waste Watch is a mandatory waste management system for the entire province. It is managed by the Island Waste Management Corporation.
Three Sorting Streams
Special Disposal Options
There are special disposal options for homeowners and businesses for the following items:
- textiles including clothing, footwear, bed lines, towels, stuffed toys and drapes suitable for reuse
- cell phones and electronics
- household hazardous waste
- paint products and printer ink cartridges
- propane tanks
- light bulbs
- medications, needles and syringes
- lead acid batteries, motor oil and automotive antifreeze
Unlawful disposal of waste can hurt the environment, wildlife and communities. It's also illegal and can result in fines.
A conservation officer will follow up on your tips.