COVID-19 Special Leave Fund for Islanders
A reminder to all Islanders that the COVID-19 Special Leave Fund is available to provide temporary support for those not eligible for federal benefits.
The fund provides up to three days of wage supports for workers and self-employed people who:
- are unable to work due to illness, COVID-19 testing or are required to self-isolate;
- have children under the age of 12 or family members in need of supervised care;
- do not qualify for the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit or the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit; and
- do not have access to paid sick leave or the ability to work from home.
“The COVID-19 Special Leave Fund is for Islanders who did not miss the 50 per cent of shifts required to be eligible for the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) and the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB). We know the impacts of COVID-19 can cause stress for Island workers and their families. This fund helps fill the gaps and ease financial concerns during these difficult times.”
- Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture Minister Matthew MacKay
Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture