COVID-19 testing locations and hours extended for remainder of the week
Due to high volumes of people being tested for COVID-19 Health PEI is expanding testing site access for the remainder of the week.
The following hours are in effect:
- Stratford Town Hall, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Tuesday
- Charlottetown, Park Street, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Summerside, Slemon Park, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday
- O’Leary, O’Leary Health Centre, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Montague, Montague Legion, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday
For those in the 20 - 29 age group in the Charlottetown area who do not have symptoms, testing can be completed anytime over the next several days. People in this category do not need to self-isolate before or after getting tested while awaiting results. They can attend work or school.
Anyone who has symptoms should get tested immediately and self-isolate until results are received.
While every effort will be made to return test results as quickly as possible, people should expect to wait up to 72 hours to receive negative results through My Test Results, the negative test result portal. Anyone who tests positive will be called directly.
People with questions can call the COVID-19 toll free number at 1-833-533-9333.
Senior Communications Officer