Island company revolutionizing construction businesses
Bolstering support for entrepreneurs promotes a stronger, diversified economy that creates more opportunity for job growth and innovation by turning ideas into viable new businesses. The governments of Canada and Prince Edward Island are supporting organizations such as JobSite 360 Contractor Software (operating as JobSite 360) to develop and market software that supports small and medium-sized enterprises, creating jobs and providing resources to build these businesses.
Sean Casey, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Member of Parliament for Charlottetown, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), together with the Honourable Chris Palmer, Prince Edward Island Minister of Economic Development and Tourism, today announced total assistance of $98,500 for JobSite 360. The company’s program is a proprietary, innovative, cloud-based bookkeeping and project management tool for small and medium-sized general contractors. JobSite 360 provides accurate job tracking and invoicing, increasing profitability through the four mobile applications they have developed.
The Government of Canada is providing $50,000 in repayable assistance through ACOA’s Business Development Program. The Government of Prince Edward Island is providing a total contribution of $48,500 through Innovation PEI programs such as the Labour Rebate, Marketing and Capital Assistance.
These investments build on commitments made by the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic Provinces to drive economic growth in the region through the Atlantic Growth Strategy. The strategy focuses on building a strong culture of innovation by supporting creative and entrepreneurial people, and investing in state-of-the-art technology.
“The economic prosperity of Prince Edward Island is tied directly to the success of Island entrepreneurs and small businesses. JobSite 360 streamlines the bookkeeping and project tracking process, creating more profitable projects and jobs long-term. This new technology will change how small and medium-sized construction businesses operate on PEI and beyond.”
- Sean Casey, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard and Member of Parliament for Charlottetown
“As a contractor, Peter saw a gap in the marketplace for software supporting small and medium contractors and had the entrepreneurial drive to develop this into a niche, specialized product. PEI is experiencing one of the biggest construction booms in its history and contractors are working very hard to keep up with demand. JobSite 360 is an innovative tool that can help contractors maximize efficiency on site and communicate with clients, thereby increasing profitability and shortening the time between projects. I’m proud to see this kind of innovation from Island companies.”
- The Honourable Chris Palmer, Prince Edward Island Minister of Economic Development and Tourism
“My experience as a small-scale contractor was challenging as available management software didn’t provide the functionality required to work effectively. We have developed JobSite 360 to provide detailed reporting, helping contractors run their small- to medium-sized business more profitably. The four apps work through the cloud to communicate job information effectively between key players, increasing project efficiency.”
- Peter Douglas, President, JobSite 360
• JobSite 360 has spent the past four years developing, testing and refining its construction management software. The company is also a resident of the Startup Zone.
• JobSite 360 currently has a program with the School of Carpentry at Holland College in Summerside called Jobsite Innovation. This program educates students about leveraging technology in small business management. Students use JobSite 360 to track class time, safety time, shop time and build time.
• JobSite 360 leverages mobile and cloud software technology to help general contractors maintain an accurate record of costs on the go. It was developed to provide small and medium enterprises with an easy and intuitive solution for contractors, subcontractors and customers. It offers features such as job costing, overhead expense tracking, cost to quote comparisons, itemized invoices, payment tracking and detailed reports.
Director of Communications
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
Senior Communications Officer
Department of Economic Development and Tourism