Apply for a Home Heat Tank Installer's Licence

You must have a valid P.E.I. installer’s licence and an acceptable level of general liability and pollution insurance to install, alter or inspect a home heat tank or system in P.E.I. In order to get a licence, you must verify that you have professional knowledge and skills that are current and have successfully completed either an installer’s course or an industry-based training program approved by the Minister of Communities, Land and Environment. 

A PEI home heat tank installer’s licence is valid for a maximum two-year period and will expire on January 31 on the second year following the year it was issued. For example, a licence issued anytime during 2024 will expire January 31, 2026. Please note:  To ensure your licence remains valid, you must update your insurance information with the Chief Boiler Inspector annually.

Add a Reminder: Click the green bar on the right side of this page to request automated email reminders to update your insurance and to renew your licence. 

Renew your existing licence or using the online form below.

You must provide full payment when you submit this form.

If you are a first-time applicant to the Home Heat Tank Installers Licence, please contact Nancy Chiasson or Jennifer McCabe at the information below. 

If this is a new (first-time) licence, you will be asked to upload documents to verify the following:

  • Relevant experience inspecting and installing systems;
  • Required insurance coverage, to be updated annually.

You must provide full payment when you submit this form.

What do I need to complete the online form?

If you are renewing your licence, you will be asked for your current licence number and proof of insurance.

​You must provide full payment when you submit this form.

How long will it take to complete the form?

Providing you have all the required supporting documents ready to upload, you can complete the form in less than 30 minutes.

What is the fee for this licence?

The cost for a licence, new or renewal is $50.

What else do I need to know?

You must have appropriate insurance coverage acceptable to the minister and cannot cancel this coverage without providing 30 days written notice to the minister. Proof of insurance is required annually.

How long will it take to process my request?

A licence renewal will be processed promptly. Please allow two weeks to process a request for a new licence. Your licence will be forwarded to the address you provide on the form. 

Who can I contact for more information?

Chief Boiler Inspector
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Charlottetown, PE
Telephone: (902) 368-5280
Fax: (902) 368-5526

Please note: This application is also available in PDF format to print, complete and send with cheque payable to Minister of Finance.


This service accepts payments using VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard, and Debit MasterCard.

Housing, Land and Communities

General Inquiries

Inspection Services
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Charlottetown, PE C1A 6B8

Telephone: 902-368-5280
Fax: 902-368-5526