Apply for Student Vacation Planner Jobs
Tourism PEI is seeking outgoing and personable "Island lovers" to join our Visitor Services Division as vacation planners in each of the five provincial visitor information centres.
Students are rewarded by promoting PEI through amazing interactions with individuals who are in the planning phase of a PEI vacation as well as others who have arrived.
Tourism PEI provides an extensive training program for staff that includes six jam-packed days touring the Island, gaining new information and learning about experiences at every stop.
"The best summer job ever" is a common testament of former student vacation planners
Students gain meaningful work experience, through hard work, learning and fun and rewarding interactions with individuals from across the globe.
- have completed a minimum of one-year post-secondary (university/college) education;
- be returning to post-secondary education in the upcoming academic year; and
- be legally entitled to work in PEI.
What are the work locations?
Tourism PEI is hiring for positions in Borden-Carleton, West Prince, Charlottetown, Wood Islands and Souris.
How do I apply?
Complete the online form from the link below.
What is the application deadline?
Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2023.
What is the rate of pay?
The rate of pay is between $16.86 to $18.23/hour.
What happens after I apply?
- Applications are sorted based on work location.
- Applications are screened and potential candidates are contacted for an interview.
- Typically, positions are filled by mid-May.
- Paid training program begins late May and runs into early June
- Students are guaranteed 8-10 weeks of employment, in addition, another approximate two weeks of paid training.
For additional information, contact:
Manager, Visitor Services