This online service will not be available for up to 5 minutes on Wednesday, December 1, 2021, between 3 a.m – 4 a.m. (ADT) while we improve the system.
Buy a Hunting Licence Online
Before you will be issued a hunting licence in PEI, you must be able to prove you have successfully completed the hunter safety training or its equivalent.
- Island residents must provide their hunter safety number.
- Non-Island residents must have proof from their jurisdiction of residence.
If you do not have proof; contact the Forests, Fish and Wildlife division of the Department of Communities, Land and Environment.
How do I purchase a hunting licence online?
In order to buy a hunting licence online, you must first create an e-services profile with the Government of PEI. Your date of birth and your email address are required.
Personal information on this form is collected under section 11(1) of Prince Edward Island's Wildlife Conservation Act and will be used for the purpose of validating eligibility, user surveys, and summary statistics. If you have any questions about this collection of personal information, you may contact the Manager of Fish and Wildlife, 183 Upton Rd. (902) 368-4683.
What do I need to buy a hunting* licence online?
You must have:
- Adobe Acrobat software installed on your computer;
- Access to a printer (ink and paper);
- Visa or MasterCard; and
- Your hunter safety number. For PEI residents, this is the number on your green card or orange wildlife card.
* New hunting licences are not available on this site until September 1st of the calendar year.
How long will it take to get my licence?
As soon as you complete your purchase, a valid licence will be sent to the email address provided in your e-Services profile. Please print and sign.