Community Cultural Partnership Program
Your non-profit organization may be eligible for up to $2,500 to assist with activities that promote the culture and heritage of Prince Edward Island. Priority will be given to new initiatives fostering community partnerships. You can apply from February 8th 2023 at noon to April 5th 2023 at 4pm.
In order to apply for funding your organization must:
- be a registered non-profit, community-based organization;
- be in operation for the previous 12 months; and
- meet the insurance requirements outlined in the funding agreement.
New project submissions from an applicant in default on any reporting, project completion or financial obligation to Innovation PEI will not be reviewed until a resolution to the default is reached.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
Grants are available for eligible projects completed between April 1st and March 15th in the following two categories:
Arts and Heritage Activities
- Community histories
- Promotion and marketing initiatives
- Product development
- Multi-media projects
Training and Development
- Organizational training
The following items are not eligible for funding:
- Capital cost
- Honoraria for project coordinator
- Food cost
- In kind contributions
- Administration fees (office, rental and utilities)
Note: All funding will be subject to the terms and conditions issued by the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture including the following:
- Grants are limited to 50 per cent of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $2,500.
- The total funding from all provincial government sources will be limited to 60 per cent of the total project costs.
- Applications can only be made to one departmentally funded program for each project.
- Normally, funding will not be awarded to organizations already in receipt of operational grants from the Province of Prince Edward Island.
- New funding will not be granted to an organization which has not met the terms and conditions of a previous grant.
- Funding will not be awarded to projects already underway.
- Activities for which the primary focus is fundraising are not eligible under this program.
- Organizations may submit a maximum of two (2) applications per fiscal Year.
What criteria will be used to select projects?
Applications are individually scored by an advisory committee based on the following criteria:
- Support material provided
- Compliance with the program priority
- Establishment of community partnerships
- Impact of project on the community
- Overall quality of the project
- Completeness of the application
- Potential or capacity of the organization to complete the project
- Eligibility of the expenses and revenues
- Financial cash contribution from other sources (anticipated and confirmed)
How is funding allocated?
Once your project is approved, all required supporting documents are submitted and the funding agreement is signed, 80 per cent of funds will be issued.
The final 20 per cent will be issued upon receipt of final invoice and the approval of the final report and project financials (revenues and expenses).
What do I need to complete this online application?
You are invited to attach any supporting documents that may separate your application from others. This online form will require the following information:
- A brief background of your non-profit organization;
- A clear description of your proposed project including objectives;
- A detailed project budget, either upload a detailed statement of revenues and expenses or use the template provided; and
- Supporting documents such as letters of support, artists’ bios, or quotes for printing or publishing.
How long will it take to complete this online form?
If you have all supporting documents ready to upload you can complete this form in less than one hour. Allow additional time to fill in the spreadsheet if you are using the template for your project budget.
How do I apply for this grant?
Click the Apply Now button below to get started on your application.