COVID-19 Operational Support Program for Community Halls
The COVID-19 Operational Support Program for Community Halls provides support for community halls to help with ongoing expenses and recognizing a reduction in revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Is my organization eligible?
All groups that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply or contact the Community Development Officer in their area for more information:
- Community halls that are owned or operated by a registered non-profit community group;
- Experienced a reduction in operating revenue as a result of COVID-19;
- Have operating expenses in some or all of the months from December 2020 to March 2021.
- Have not received significant funding from other government sources designed to help mitigate COVID-19 impacts (i.e. NGO COVID-19 Relief Fund, Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations, etc.).
Non-eligible facilities/groups/organizations include:
- For-profit halls or centres
- Recreational facilities (skating rinks, snowmobile clubs, etc.);
- Provincially or municipally owned assets;
- Religious-affiliated community places;
What funding assistance is available?
Funding is available of up to 80% of estimated operating expenses for December to March up to a maximum of $2,500. Eligible expenses could include heat, electricity, snow removal, insurance, etc.
What happens after I apply?
After you submit your application, a Community Development Officer with the Department of Fisheries and Communities will assess for completeness and eligibility. If the application requires additional information, you may be contacted to collect or correct information. If the application is successful, you will be notified in writing and will be asked to provide information to allow for direct deposit into your account.
What are the application deadlines?
February 22nd, 2021 is the deadline to apply. Apply online by clicking the blue 'Apply Now' button below or by email or mail by PDF.
Who do I contact about this program?
For more information you can call 902-838-0939 or contact the Community Development Officer in your area:
West Prince: Ellen Rennie, 902-853-0104, firstname.lastname@example.org
East Prince/Central Queens: Kellie Mulligan, 902-887-3975, email@example.com
Evangeline (Bilingual): Giselle Bernard, 902-854-3680, firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Kings/Queens: Sonia Dixon, 902-838-0618, email@example.com
Eastern Kings/North Shore: Chris Blaisdell, 902-687-7083, firstname.lastname@example.org