Family Home Centre Capital Grants
The Family Home Centre Capital Grant is open to licensed Family Home Centres which plan to create new and not previously funded early childhood spaces during 2018-19. This grant will help new and existing operators to expand/renovate their centre and/or purchase equipment.
What are the funding requirements?
Eligible expenses incurred between April 1, 2018 and December 31, 2019 include the following streams, and centres can apply to one, two or all three streams:
- Capital improvements - Eligible expenses include: below grade access door, appliances, walls, doors, plumbing, electrical (up to a maximum of $15,000 will be granted).
- Infant Programming Equipment – Eligible expenses include: cribs, change table, rocking chair, toys, books, stroller, baby mat, monitor, mattress, bedding, mobile and gates (up to a maximum of $5,000 will be granted).
- Family Home Centre Program Improvements – Eligible expenses include: chairs, tables, play equipment, preschool age toys (up to $5,000 will be granted).
Projects will need to be completed by December 31, 2019.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to enter or upload information as follows:
- Indicate if you are applying for funding to support capital improvement(s), Infant Programming Equipment, and / or Family Home Centre Program Improvements;
- Provide business name and contact information;
- Family Home Centre license number;
- Proposed infant and preschool spaces including:
- Floor plans for proposed expansion or renovation.
Once approved, expense and support documents such as receipts to support the proposed equipment purchases and/or the proposed capital improvements, will need to be provided.
How do I apply?
For a Capital Funding Grant for a family home centre, please download and submit a completed PDF form (in person, by mail, email or fax) before December 6, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. (AST).
Completed forms may be dropped off, mailed, emailed or faxed to:
Family Home Centre Program
c/o Melissa Raynor
Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture
250 Water St., Suite 101. Summerside, PEI C1N 1B6
Fax: 902 438-4874
Who can I contact?
Questions about licensing: Contact the Early Childhood Programs Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902-368-6518.
Questions about the Family Home Centre program and grants: Contact Janice Pettit at email@example.com or by phone at 902-368-6337.