French-Language Post-Secondary Studies Scholarship Canada - PEI
If you are a graduate from Prince Edward Island who wishes to pursue their post-secondary education through a French-language program not currently offered in the province, you may be eligible to receive a French-language post-secondary studies scholarship. This scholarship has been made possible thanks to federal and provincial funding with the collaboration of the Société acadienne et francophone de l’Île (SAF’Île).
- Graduates from a French-language school or an immersion program in Prince Edward Island
- French-language post-secondary programs not currently offered in Prince Edward Island
- Post-secondary programs with a minimum of 80% French-language instruction
- Collegiate studies – An annual bursary of $1500 awarded for two years, for a combined total not exceeding $3000 over the course of the collegiate studies.
- University studies – An annual bursary of $2000 awarded for a four-year bachelor’s degree, for a combined total not exceeding $8000 over the course of the university studies.
- Program combining collegiate and university studies – A bursary not exceeding the $8000 total amount awarded for university studies.
You must submit your application to the Société acadienne et francophone de l’Île-du-Prince-Édouard (SAF'Île) with the following documentation:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Social Insurance Number (this is a taxable scholarship)
- Proof of post-secondary enrollment (letter of acceptance)
- French-language post-secondary studies scholarship – Application form
Please note: Grade 12 students must return their completed application package to May 31st, 2022. Recipients will be contacted in June.
The funds will be released in two instalments (one each semester). Payments are issued directly to the student in the form of a cheque. Recipients will receive a letter of acceptance along with all necessary instructions.
Please note: Confirmation of Registration for each semester must be completed by the Registrar and returned to SAF’Île in September and January before each payment will be issued.
You can find the application guide for this scholarship at : https://www.safile.org/_files/ugd/6b585e_852a909856774f3f9298433ee386e524.pdf
For further information, please communicate with Société acadienne et francophone de l'Île-du-Prince-Édouard (SAF'Île) - fondationSSTA@safile.org