Re-registering in the New Online Business/Corporate Registry
All PEI companies are required to re-register by May 3, 2023, in the new Online Corporate Business Names Registry as part of the annual return process. The new online system will improve services to Island businesses by:
- Simplifying the process for submitting and retrieving documents;
- Improving access to business information for efficient updating; and
- Allowing business owners to view and print documents in-house.
How do I register my company in the new system?
Your company annual return form will contain clear instructions and a transition key to facilitate a simple, secure transfer of your information to the new system. You are being asked to update the following information:
- Company address(es);
- Director information, including current email addresses;
- Share structure; and
- Restriction on share transfers
Corporation trade names will be carried over with no additional step required.
Will my annual renewal process change with this new system?
Once the company has re-registered in the new system, the annual returns will be sent via email to the contact on file.
What if I need help updating my information in the new system?
If you have any questions or need assistance transitioning your information to the new system, please call 902-368-4550 during regular office hours or submit your questions to email@example.com.