Request Driver Abstract
If you require your driving record for insurance or employment purposes, you can request a copy of your driving record through our online service.
The online driver abstract can only be requested by the holder of the driver license.
What is a Driver Abstract?
A driver abstract is a copy of a person’s driving history. It will show any convictions for violations of any enactment relating to the operation of a motor vehicle, accidents involving a collision, and driver license suspensions.
A driver abstract may also be referred to as an abstract of operating record.
A driver abstract contains information about:
- Current status of your driver’s license
- Active demerit points on your record
- License Class or Classes
- Convictions related to the operation of a motor vehicle
- Conditions/Restrictions under which you are authorized to drive
- Driving experience since 2008
Driver Abstracts contain a five year history of collisions and Criminal Code Convictions and a three year history of suspensions and other convictions for violations of any enactment related to the operation of a motor vehicle.
How do I obtain a driver abstract?
Driver abstracts can be requested from the Highway Safety Division by completing the online form accessible through the link below.
There are three ways to get a driver abstract, depending on your situation:
- The abstract can be picked up in person at designated Access PEI locations;
- You can designate someone to collect it on your behalf; or,
- You can request to have the abstract mailed to the PEI address recorded on your file.
For further information, please contact Highway Safety at 902-368-5210 (Charlottetown) or 902-432-2714 (Summerside).
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will need the information as it appears on the PEI driver's license:
- PEI Driver’s License Number
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Payment method (Interac, MasterCard, Visa)
- Name of person designated to pick up on your behalf, if applicable (with picture ID)
What is the cost for a driver abstract?
Why are you asking for my personal information?
Personal Information on this form is collected under the authority of Section 70 of the PEI Highway Traffic Act and will be used for the purpose of the issuance of a driver's license to the applicant. If you have any questions about the collection of personal information, contact the Registrar of Motor Vehicles, Department of Transportation and Infrastructure, PO Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE CIA 7N8.
How long will it take to process my request?
Please allow up to five business days to process your request. If your driver abstract is not being mailed, you will be contacted when your document is ready for pick up.