Submit photo for Celebrate PEI Agriculture and Fisheries Photo Contest
Prince Edward Island is remarkably striking this time of year. The gently sloping hillsides are a colourful delight with freshly cut forage, newly planted cereal and blueberry fields in blossom. Cattle graze on sunny hillsides, while foxes wander through grassy pastures.
Celebrate the beauty of our province by capturing these moments with a photo to be enjoyed for years to come.
Enter for the Chance to Win Prizes
Finalists photos will be showcased at the Celebrate PEI Agriculture and Fisheries exhibit during Old Home Week.
One photo from each of the following categories will be selected as a winner. Photographers will be presented with a framed copy of their own image after Old Home Week and $50 in farmer's market voucher.
- Farmscapes - PEI’s agricultural landscapes forming scenic vistas
- Commercial Fisheries and Aquaculture - A glimpse into the industry via harbour life and coastal fishing activities
- Celebrating Farming & Fishing Families -Capture an image of at least two family members at work
- PEI’s Next Generation of Farmers and Fishers - Youth showing a passion for food production
- Fresh from the Land and/or Sea - Show off your culinary talents with raw or prepared PEI food
- Animals of Agriculture - Wooly, furry, feathered or fluffy
- The Wild Side - Wildlife in their natural environment
One photo will be selected by popular vote from the category winners during Old Home Week 2017. The winning photographer will receive a grand prize valued at $500.
What are the eligibility requirements?
The contest is open to all residents of Canada and United States* and photos must be taken in Prince Edward Island. Additional requirements, as follows:
- Entries must not have been previously published;
- Individuals are permitted to submit multiple entries in each of the different categories;
- Entrants must own all rights to the photographs submitted;
- Photographs must have been shot within the past two years (since January 1, 2015);
- A model release is required for any photo in which a person is recognizable.
*Management and staff of PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, including immediate family members or cohabitants, agents and contractors are not eligible.
What photo format is required?
- Digital photographs - jpeg files submitted electronically or on a USB drive;
- Dimensions - at least 2200 pixels wide for a horizontal image or 2200 pixels tall for a vertical image;
- File size - 8 MB (8,000 KB) maximum;
- Photo must be a high-resolution of at least 300 dpi at 8 x 10 inches;
- Borders, frames, text or other graphic treatments are NOT permitted; and
- Content alteration (including combing multiple photos) is NOT permitted.
What is the submission deadline?
All entries must be received by 4:00 pm (AST) on Friday, July 28, 2017.
2016 Contest Winners Gallery
Created with flickr slideshow.
When will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by phone by 4:00 p.m AST, on or before August 10, 2017.
How do I submit a photo?
There are several options to submit an entry, as follows:
- attach photo(s) and type "photo contest" in the subject line;
- name the category along with a title or caption for each photo. You must also include the location of the photo, and the names and contact information of any recognizable people captured; and
- include your name, address, contact phone number as well as the statement “I agree to the Photo Contest 2017 Rules and Regulations”
Send your photo(s), on a USB drive, and completed submission form to:
Celebrate PEI Agriculture and Fisheries Photo Contest
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
5th Floor Jones Building - 11 Kent Street
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Drop off your photo(s), on a USB drive, and completed submission form to 5th Floor Jones Building - 11 Kent Street.