Submit photo for Celebrate PEI Agriculture Photo Contest
Prince Edward Island is remarkably striking this time of year. The gently sloping hillsides are a colourful delight with freshly cut forage, newly planted cereal and blueberry fields in blossom. Cattle grazing on sunny hillsides, while foxes wander through grassy pastures.
Celebrate the beauty of our province by capturing these moments with a photo to be enjoyed for years to come.
Enter for the chance to win prizes
Finalists will be showcased in a gallery at the Celebrate PEI Agriculture display at Old Home Week.
One photo from each of the following categories will be selected. Photographers will be presented with a framed copy of their own image after Old Home Week, an Old Home Week Gate Pass and a $50 Canada's Food Island gift card.
- Animals of Agriculture - Wooly, furry, feathered or fluffy animals enjoying farm life in spring, summer, fall or winter
- Celebrating Farming Families - At least two family members at work in the farmyard or in the field at planting or harvest time
- Commercial Fisheries and Aquaculture - A glimpse into the industry via harbour life and coastal fishing activities
- Farmscapes - PEI’s agricultural landscapes forming scenic vistas or cultivated crops of vegetables, grains, oilseeds, fruits, etc
- Fresh from the Land - Zoom in on all the vibrant colours of crops growing in fields, or freshly harvested produce, or culinary displays of prepared PEI grown food
- PEI’s Next Generation of Farmers - Youth showing a passion for food production; or farmers using precision agriculture technology in the field
- The Wild Side - Wildlife in their natural environment
One photo will be selected by popular vote from the category winners during Old Home Week. The winning photographer will receive a grand prize valued at $500.
What are the eligibility requirements?
The contest is open to all residents of Canada and United States* and photos must be taken in Prince Edward Island. Additional requirements, as follows:
- Entries must not have been previously published;
- Individuals are permitted to submit multiple entries in each of the different categories;
- Entrants must own all rights to the photographs submitted;
- Photographs must have been shot within the past two years (since January 1, 2020);
- A model release is required for any photo in which a person is recognizable.
*Management and staff of PEI Department of Agriculture and Land, including immediate family members or cohabitants, agents and contractors are not eligible.
What photo format is required?
- Digital photographs: jpeg files submitted electronically
- Dimensions: at least 2200 pixels wide for horizontal images or 2200 pixels tall for vertical images;
- File size: 10 MB (10,000 KB) maximum;
- Photo must be a high-resolution of at least 300 dpi at 8 x 10 inches;
- Borders, frames, text or other graphic treatments are NOT permitted; and
- Content alteration (including combing multiple photos) is NOT permitted.
What is the submission deadline?
All entries must be received by 4:00 pm (AST) Friday, July 15,2022.
2019 contest winners gallery
Created with flickr slideshow
When will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by 4:00 p.m AST on or before July 29, 2022.
How do I submit a photo?
There are two options to submit an entry, as follows:
- Click on "Submit Photo" link below
- Fill out required information and upload photos