Workforce Development Projects
Under the Workforce Development Agreement, Workforce Development Projects enhance the labour market participation of Islanders by preparing them for entry or return to employment or to maintain skills for employment.
What are Eligible Projects?
Workforce Development Projects may include such activities as:
- Skills training, ranging from basic literacy and numeracy to advanced skills training;
- On-the-job training and workplace based skills upgrading;
- Group interventions and job readiness assistance;
- Services to facilitate matching supply and demand of skilled labour;
- Other activities that promote skill enhancement and labour market participation.
How do I Apply?
Please download and complete the Workforce Development Projects application form and deliver it to your local SkillsPEI office.
Where can I get more Information?
Call SkillsPEI's general inquiries line at 1-877-491-4766 or visit one of the SkillsPEI offices.
Funded by the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture through the Canada-PEI labour market agreements.