PEI Workforce Notice of Authority
Notice of Authority to Collect, Use, and Disclose Personal Information
This authorization will permit Island Investment Development Inc. ("IIDI"), as the crown corporation responsible for administration of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (the "Program"), to collect, use, retain and disclose personal information of the undersigned principal applicant, the spouse of the principal applicant and the dependent children of the principal applicant, as listed in the principal applicant’s Program application (each being a "Party" and, collectively, the "Parties" or "We"), in accordance with the terms set out below.
In this authorization, the term "Personal Information" incorporates the definition of "personal information" contained in the Prince Edward Island Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.P.E.I. 1988 c. F-15.01 ("FOIPP").
This authorization will apply to Personal Information contained in the principal applicant’s Program application and Personal Information which may in the future be in the custody or under the control of IIDI pertaining to each Party’s participation in the Program, including any subsequent communications between any of the Parties and IIDI.
This authorization also applies to Personal Information of the Parties that may be collected by IIDI from other departments or crown corporations of the Government of Prince Edward Island (the "PEI Government"), the Government of Canada, or any third parties, pertaining to the Parties participation in the Program.
This authorization gives IIDI complete authority to collect, use, retain and disclose Personal Information in connection with the Parties participation in the Program, to the extent permitted and in accordance with the requirements of FOIPP.
The Personal Information collected by IIDI as referred to in this authorization is collected under sections 31(c) and 32(1)(g)(i) of FOIPP and will be used for the purpose of processing, assessing and verifying each Party’s eligibility, application and/or participation in the Program (the "Authorized Purpose").
Any questions about the collection of such Personal Information may be directed to the Office of Immigration, Business Information Manager, at 94 Euston Street in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island or by telephone at 902-620-3628.
The Signatory Below:
For the Authorized Purpose only, we hereby authorize IIDI:
- to collect, use, retain and retain and disclose our Personal Information;
- to disclose our Personal Information to the PEI Government. We also authorize IIDI to collect from the PEI Government, and the PEI Government to disclose to IIDI, our Personal Information for the same purpose;
- to disclose our Personal Information to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada ("IRCC") and any other officials administrating immigration programs within the Government of Canada. We also authorize IIDI to collect from IRCC, and IRCC to disclose to IIDI, our Personal Information for the same purpose;
- to collect from the Canada Revenue Agency, and the Canada Revenue Agency to disclose to IIDI, our Personal Information collected under the Income Tax Act, R.S.C., 1985, c. 1 (5th Supp.);
- to collect from the Department of Human and Skills Development and the Employment Insurance Commission, and to disclose to the Department of Human and Skills Development and the Employment Insurance Commission, our Personal Information collected under the Department of Employment and Social Development Act, (S.C. 2005, c. 34);
- to contact any individuals or businesses referenced in the principal applicant’s Program application or that have been or may be provided by the principal applicant to IIDI as references and to collect additional related Personal Information from such individuals or businesses; and
- to disclose the status of the principal applicant’s application and/or nomination under the Program to the principal applicant’s Intended Investee Corporation or Intended Employer, from time to time throughout the application process until such time as the principal applicant’s participation in the Program ends.
We also authorize IIDI as follows:
- to disclose to any other federal or provincial government department or crown corporation, such Personal Information as it may require in order to assess our eligibility, application and/or participation in its programs and, in order to administer such programs, I further authorize those government departments and crown corporations to collect such information from IIDI;
- to collect and use our Personal Information to compile statistical information about the Program and for Program evaluation purposes. We authorize IIDI, or its authorized representatives, to contact us and the principal applicant’s Intended Investee Corporation or Intended Employer for Program evaluation purposes. We further authorize the principal applicant’s Intended Investee Corporation or Intended Employer to disclose to IIDI, or to any other third party retained by IIDI, such Personal Information as IIDI may require at any time in the future, for the purpose of Program evaluation. We further authorize IIDI to disclose our Personal Information to any third party involved in undertaking a Program evaluation on behalf of IIDI;
- notwithstanding anything else contained in this authorization, we hereby consent to IIDI disclosing our Personal Information, including information contained in the principal applicant’s Program application and federal immigration application:
- to third party agents that IIDI may from time to time elect to engage on its behalf to validate the information contained in such applications or otherwise provided to IIDI. We understand that the third party agents may verify our educational qualifications, business background, employment history and personal history through conduction of inquiries outside Canada with government and nongovernment organizations, as required;
- to third party evaluators to evaluate the Program. We understand that we may be contacted by IIDI or third party evaluators for up to five years following the receipt of permanent resident status; and
- to representatives from IRCC for the purposes of monitoring and evaluating the Program
(collectively, the "Other Purposes").
We hereby confirm that this authorization ends when the earliest of the following events occurs: five years have passed since the principal applicant was granted Permanent Residence by IRCC, the principal applicant has withdrawn his/her application, or IIDI withdraws its nomination of the principal applicant. We understand that the information required above will be collected from us, as well as any source identified by IIDI, such as our Canadian employer(s). By submitting this form, We hereby acknowledge that We have read and understand the information contained in this authorization and allow IIDI to collect, use, retain and disclose our Personal Information for the Authorized Purpose and for the Other Purposes in accordance with the terms set out above.