Air Quality Reports
What is the Air Quality Management System?
The Air Quality Management System (AQMS) was developed by federal, provincial and territorial governments in conjunction with a variety of stakeholders over a number of years. Its purpose is to set standards that are the same all across Canada which will result in improved air quality. The AQMS was endorsed by the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment (CCME), of which P.E.I. is a member.
How can I access air quality reports?
As part of the AQMS, annual air quality reports are produced from data collected under the National Air Pollution Surveillance Program (NAPS). Each report covers a three year period, for example the 2019 report covers the years 2017-2019.
The following reports are currently available for download.
- 2020 Air Quality Report (2018-2020)
- 2019 Air Quality Report (2017-2019)
- 2018 Air Quality Report (2016-2018)
- 2017 Air Quality Report (2015-2017)
- 2016 Air Quality Report (2014-2016)
- 2015 Air Quality Report (2013-2015)
- 2012-2014 Air Quality Report (2012-2014)
- 2014 Air Quality Report (2011-2013)
Who can I contact for more information?