Finance PEI Board of Directors
Finance PEI is a crown corporation that is the lead financing and strategic infrastructure organization for the Province of Prince Edward Island. Its objectives are to:
- source, manage and supply financial capital and infrastructure for strategic business and economic development opportunities;
- balance financial risk with economic return;
- work collaboratively with traditional finance institutions and government agencies;
- operate as a professional lender.
Finance PEI has two operating divisions to execute these objectives:
Lending Services activities are focused on developing entrepreneurship and assisting those businesses in the primary, small business and strategic industrial sectors that demonstrate reasonable viability, with emphasis on businesses involved in:
- exporting to domestic and international markets;
- import replacement;
- value-added processing.
Strategic Initiatives & Properties promotes the establishment of new business opportunities and encourages the expansion of existing businesses through the provision of readily accessible infrastructure. This infrastructure consists of:
- serviced industrial/commercial land;
- rental facilities;
- management of facilities and projects.
What is the function of the board?
Subject to policy direction issued by the Lieutenant Governor in Council, the Board is responsible for the administration of the Finance PEI Act and Regulations and the general operations of the organization, including:
- review and approve significant organization actions, within its delegated scope of authority;
- review of the organization’s financial controls and reporting systems;
- review and approve the organization’s financial statements and financial reporting;
- oversee the organization’s management of enterprise risk;
- review and monitor implementation of management’s strategic plans;
- monitor senior management's performance.
Primary Role: Adjudicative
- Strategic development
- Professional organization management
How many people are on the board?
The affairs of the agency shall be conducted by a board of directors consisting of:
- deputy minister of Finance and Municipal Affairs;
- deputy minister of Economic Development, Innovation and Trade;
- six representatives of the private sector, broadly representing the PEI business community and including at least one representative from each of the following sectors: agriculture, fisheries, and tourism.
What are the requirements of board members?
Work and Experience Requirements
Strong background and experience in business, fishery or farm management.
Sound understanding of good business, fishery, or farming management practices, commercial financing principles, and economic development policy.
What are the nomination requirements?
Statutory Nomination Requirements
The Lieutenant Governor in Council shall appoint all members.
Will I get paid?
Chair - $175/diem and Members - $125/diem.
What is the time commitment of the board?
The Board is active and typically meets once per month; a moderate time commitment is required.
All new nominees will be contacted and required to provide a criminal record check prior to appointment.
The term of office of members of the board shall be as specified by the Lieutenant Governor in Council in the instrument of appointment, but are typically for three year terms. Private sector members of the board may be reappointed.
|Name||County||Term Start||Term End|
|Cora Lee Dunbar, Chairperson||Prince County||Apr 12, 2022||Apr 12, 2025|
|Muncey Harris||Prince County||Mar 22, 2019||Mar 22, 2022|
|Brian K. Annear||Kings County||Dec 31, 2021||Dec 31, 2024|
|Jamie Lewis||Queens County||Dec 22, 2020||Dec 22, 2023|
|Harold W. Publicover||Kings County||Dec 31, 2021||Dec 31, 2024|
|Ricky Sanderson||Queens County||Dec 31, 2021||Dec 31, 2024|
|Deputy Minister, Economic Development, Innovation and Trade||Queens County||March 6, 2017||at pleasure|
|Secretary to Treasury Board||Queens County||Jan 28, 2020||at pleasure|
How can I apply?
If you would like to serve as a member of a provincial government agency, board, or commission (ABC) you can apply online through Engage PEI.
Who can I contact about this board?
CEO, Finance PEI
Tel: (902) 368-4987
Fax: (902) 368-6255