Innovation PEI Board of Directors
The objects of the Innovation PEI are to:
- implement the economic strategy of the Government of Prince Edward Island;
- recommend changes in economic strategy to the Minister;
- facilitate cooperation and communication amongst Government, the research and development community, educational and training institutions, and the business community;
- provide financial assistance to Prince Edward Island businesses and entrepreneurs in order to create, maintain and expand business activity in Prince Edward Island;
- provide business development advice, information, infrastructure and services to the private sector, public sector and industry associations to assist in the promotion of innovation, commercialization, productivity, competitiveness, and wealth creation in Prince Edward Island;
- provide leadership with respect to the prospecting and locating of off-Island firms;
- provide leadership in the research, development and implementation of marketing and trade strategies for Prince Edward Island goods and services;
- work with economic development agencies, including federal and municipal bodies, to develop policies and agreements in support of innovation and economic development in Prince Edward Island;
- promote strategic partnerships in commercial ventures;
- work with the Department, other departments and agencies of the Government of Prince Edward Island, the Government of Canada, the governments of other provinces or jurisdictions, educational and training institutions, industry associations and the public to develop and to deliver a human resources development strategy in support of the Government’s economic strategy.
Primary Role: Adjudicative
How many people are on the board?
The affairs of the Corporation shall be conducted by a Board of Directors consisting of:
- (a) Deputy Minister of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture;
- (b) President of UPEI;
- (c) President of Holland College; and
- (d) six persons appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council from the private sector.
What are the nomination requirements?
Statutory Nomination Requirements
The Lieutenant Governor in Council shall appoint the six members representing the private sector.
Will I get paid?
Chair - $200/diem and Members - $142/diem
What is the time commitment of the board?
All new nominees will be contacted and required to provide a criminal record check prior to appointment. The private sector members of the Board shall be appointed to hold office for a term not exceeding three years and may be reappointed.
|Name||County||Term Start||Term End|
|Brian Stewart, Chair||Prince County||Sep 20, 2019||Sep 20, 2022|
|Jennifer Evans||Queens County||Sep 20, 2018||Sep 20, 2020|
|John Davidson||Prince County||Jun 30, 2020||Jun 30, 2023|
|Dierdre Ayre||Queens County||May 25, 2021||Jun 30, 2023|
|Ravi Naidu||Kings County||May 25, 2021||Mar 21, 2023|
|David Trainor||Queens County||May 25, 2021||Mar 21, 2023|
|CEO Innovation PEI||Oct 21, 2016||at pleasure|
|President Holland College||Jan 1, 2015||at pleasure|
|President University of Prince Edward Island||Jan 1, 2015||at pleasure|
|Deputy Minister, Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture||Jan 16, 2017||at pleasure|
How can I apply?
If you would like to serve as a member of a provincial government agency, board, or commission (ABC) you can apply online through Engage PEI.
Who can I contact about this board?