Heat Pumps Initiative
As part of the Government of PEI's Net Zero Initiative, incorporated PEI places of worship who use their facilities to host community events or provide rentals in winter months are eligible for funding assistance to cover 100% of heat pump installation costs up to a maximum of $20,000.
This assistance is provided jointly by Department of Environment, Energy and Climate Action and Department of Fisheries, Tourism, Sport and Culture.
- Incorporated PEI places of worship who offer community events, programming, or rentals outside of regular worship services in the winter months. Examples of this could include a food bank, senior clubs, or events that are open to the general public.
- Heat pumps must be installed in areas where community programming, events, or rentals occur
- Heat pumps must be installed by a contractor on efficiencyPEI’s Network of Excellence list.
- Heat pumps must be listed under the NEEP Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pump List. The list can be found at: https://ashp.neep.org/#!/. Talk to your contractor for more details.
- Energy audits are recommended, but not required. See here for more information about getting an energy audit through efficiencyPEI.
Applicants are eligible for financial assistance up to 100% funding of eligible costs up to a maximum of $20,000. This assistance includes any eligible rebate from efficiencyPEI.
How do I submit an application?
Completed applications may be submitted to the attention of the Community Development Officer via email. Please include the program name in the subject line.
Who do I contact for more information?
Please contact a Community Development Officer prior to preparing an application for funding:
|West Prince||Ellen Rennieemail@example.com|
|East Prince/Central Queens||Kellie Mulliganfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Evangeline||Giselle Bernard (bilingual)||email@example.com|
|Southern Kings/Queens||Sonia Dixon||902-838-0618||SDDixon@gov.pe.ca|
|Eastern Kings||Chris Blaisdellfirstname.lastname@example.org|