Pharmacy Plus PEI Common Ailments and Conditions
Pharmacists can help Island residents get the care they need in their neighbourhood.
Island pharmacists can assess and prescribe for the below list of common ailments and conditions:
- acne (mild)
- allergic skin rash
- calluses or corns
- canker sores
- cold sores (oral)
- COVID-19 (Paxlovid™)
- diarrhea (non-infectious)
- dry eyes
- eczema (mild to moderate)
- emergency contraception
- fungal skin infections
- headache (mild)
- heartburn (GERD)
- hives, bug bites and stings (mild)
- hormonal contraception (birth control)
- joint pain (minor)
- muscle pain (minor)
- nasal allergies (i.e. hay fever)
- nasal congestion
- nicotine dependence (smoking cessation)
- pre-menstrual and menstrual pain
- sleep disorders (minor)
- sore throat
- threadworms or pinworms
- thrush (oral fungal infection)
- urinary tract infection (uncomplicated)*
- yeast infection (vaginal)
- warts (excluding facial and genital warts)
- *For women at least 19 years of age only.
Contact your local pharmacy today, to schedule these services in advance.
View the full list of participating pharmacies.
Questions about Pharmacy Plus PEI
Check out the FAQ for answers to common questions about the Pharmacy Plus PEI program.