Jurisdictional Dispute Complaints

A jurisdictional dispute means a dispute between trade unions or between unions and employer over the assignment of work. Where the parties themselves are unable to settle the dispute, either party may make a complaint to the Labour Relations Board identifying the complainant, nature of the dispute and the suggested resolution. After investigation, the Board may issue an interim order directing the assignment of work to a specific trade union. A party to the application may request a hearing of the Board to either review the Board's interim order or settle the dispute by rendering a decision that binds the parties to a settlement of the jurisdictional dispute.

Published date: 
December 1, 2016
Workforce, Advanced Learning and Population

General Inquiries

Labour and Industrial Relations
161 St. Peters Road
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Phone: 902-368-5550
Toll-free: 1-800-333-4362
Fax: 902-368-5476