The Hiring Process
There are five main steps in the hiring process:
- The Public Service Commission advertises jobs and accepts applications until the closing date indicated in the job posting.
- The Public Service Commission, with the employer, screens applications to identify applicants with qualifications that match the job requirements.
- The Public Service Commission may invite applicants to participate further in the selection process (an interview and possibly additional assessments such as tests or presentations).
- The Public Service Commission conducts reference checks on the top candidates after the interview/assessment process.
- The Public Service Commission offers the successful candidate the job after the interview panel has made their selection.
July 29, 2015