Home Energy Low-income Program (HELP)
Low-income clients with a total household income of $35,000 or less are eligible to have a HELP tradesperson complete a comprehensive air-sealing (such as caulking, weather-stripping, sealing gaskets) free of charge.
Other features of the HELP program include:
- installation of a programmable thermostat,
- a low-flow showerhead,
- a voucher for a free furnace cleaning (up to $80 value),
- a quantity of ENERGY STAR® CFL and LED light bulbs.
These are simple measures that can a have a big impact on the amount of heat lost in your home, thereby saving you money. The results will vary depending on the size of your home, the current condition of your home, and the type of heating system you have. Installing a programmable thermostat can save up to $250 per year in heating costs, and sealing air leaks with caulking and weather-stripping on windows and doors, sealing electrical outlets, and weather-stripping your attic hatch can save as much as $650 per year in heating costs.
How do I apply?
- Confirm eligibility according to the terms and conditions as outlined on the application form.
- Fill out the application form completely. Incomplete information will delay or disqualify your application.
- Mail this application with original copies of your proof of income* and your most recent Maritime Electric bill to efficiencyPEI.
* Proof of income must be your original July GST Credit Notice showing your net family income, marital status, and province of residence.