Interministerial Women's Secretariat Grant
The Interministerial Women’s Secretariat provides grant funding to PEI women’s organizations to develop projects, programs and services that benefit women from Prince Edward Island. Funding may be provided to community projects that meet the following objectives:
- provide direct services and programs for the benefit of women and girls in PEI;
- support projects that enhance awareness, education and social action on women’s legal, health, social and economic equality; and/or
- support the capacity of women’s organizations that promote women’s equality through advocacy, research and policy development.
Program Objectives / Themes
- Engaging community in gender and diversity. (For more information, download the Honouring Our Differences Guide);
- Working with youth to understand and address toxic masculinity.
This year, preference will be made to projects that address one of these themes.
Eligibility and Assessment
Is my organization eligible for funding?
Incorporated not-for-profit organizations from PEI are eligible if the mandate aligns with promoting the legal, health, social and economic equality of women. Proposals must communicate how one or more of the funding program objectives (listed above) is addressed and how women will be involved in all aspects of the project, such as planning and implementation.
Your organization must have the capacity to enter into a legal agreement (i.e. a provincial incorporation number) and must sign a project contract that outlines requirements such as insurance, reporting, etc.
In order to enhance the capacity for all organizations in the community, preference may be given to project-based organizations that do not have established core-funding provided by the federal or provincial government.
- Individual projects (i.e. projects forwarded by individuals not affiliated with a non-profit organization) are not eligible. Organizations that do not have established core funding from the federal or provincial government may receive preference.
- An application that does not meet the eligibility requirements will be disqualified.
- Because this is a one-time-only grant, projects that require multi-year funding will not be considered.
What expenses are eligible for funding?
All expenditures must clearly relate to the project. Eligible expenses include:
- Salaries and benefits;
- Professional fees related to the project (e.g. facilitator, bookkeeping);
- Facility rental and utilities;
- Office equipment;
- Materials and supplies;
- Publicity and promotion;
- Domestic travel costs (international travel not covered);
How will applications be assessed?
A review committee will assess and grade applications using the following point system:
Organization Vision (20 points)
- Do the principles, objectives and activities of the organization support legal, health, social and economic equality for women?
- Do women play a significant part in decision making for the organization?
Does the organization have the capacity, infrastructure and track record to justify and support the proposed initiative?
Interministerial Women’s Secretariat Funding Objectives (15 points)
- How clearly does the proposal demonstrate that it meets one or more of the following objectives of the Interministerial Women's Secretariat's funding program?
- to support organizations that provide direct services and programs for the benefit of women in Prince Edward Island;
- to support projects that enhance awareness, education and social action on women’s legal, health, social and economic equality;
- to support the capacity of Prince Edward Island women’s organizations that promote women’s equality through advocacy, research and policy development.
Project Description and Budget (60 points)
- Does the proposal focus on one of the following identified themes: engaging community in gender and diversity analysis and working with youth to understand and address toxic masculinity?
- Does the application provide a strong rationale as to why the work is needed?
- Does the project/organization have community support?
- Does the project/organization show creative ways to respond to community needs?
- Is the project likely to succeed? Does it show realistic timelines and achievable goals?
- Is the project budget clear? Is the submitted budget appropriate?
Previous Project Success (5 points)
- Has your organization ever received funding from the Interministerial Women’s Secretariat for project funding?
- If yes, outline the success of your project and how this success was measured.
- If no, provide information about a previous project of your organization, outlining the project’s success and how this success was measured, as well as the project funder contact information.
How do I apply for this grant?
Complete the Application for Interministerial Women's Secretariat Grant. Submit three (3) hard copies plus one electronic copy of your application / proposal before January 31, 2018 to the addresses noted below, including:
- all necessary attachments describing organizational and project information;
- a detailed budget clearly outlining project expenses and revenues, including other sources of funding and in-kind support.
- a minimum of one letter of support for your project from stakeholders and/or project partners
What is the deadline to apply?
Your application/proposal must be received by January 31, 2018. Deliver or mail hard copies to:
Interministerial Women’s Secretariat
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Electronic copy by e-mail to: email@example.com
When will successful applicants be notified?
Successful applicants will be notified by International Women's Day - March 8, 2018.
Contact us with questions about the application process:
Telephone: (902) 368-5557
Fax: (902) 894-0242