Register a Snowmobile and Other Off-Highway Motor Vehicles

All snowmobiles on Prince Edward Island must be registered annually. A snowmobile registration expires on November 30 of each year.

The registration for all other Off-Highway Motor Vehicles (ATVs, Dirt Bikes, etc.) remains good and valid until the vehicle is sold or transferred to a new owner.

You cannot operate an off-highway vehicle or permit any other person to operate the vehicle without a certificate of registration. If you are driving an off-highway vehicle and you are stopped by a peace officer, you must produce your registration permit, if requested.

Please note, to cross any road or highway on an off-highway vehicle or operate an off-highway vehicle in the ditch of a road or highway, you must have a valid driver's license.

Driving an off-highway vehicle on the shoulder of a road is not permitted.

Prince Edward Island Snowmobile Association


For more information on the rules and regulations for all off-highway vehicles, read the Off-Highway Vehicle Act and Off-Highway Vehicle Act General Regulations.

Published date: 
January 11, 2018
Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy department logo

General Inquiries

Department of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy
3rd Floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street,
P.O. Box 2000,
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-368-5100
Fax: 902-368-5395

Highway Safety/Access PEI Inquiries:

Road-Related Inquiries:

All other TIE inquiries:

Report Transportation Problems