Kings County emergency department hours limited January 12 and 15
The Kings County Memorial Hospital emergency department will be closed on Friday, January 12 due to a temporary lack of physician coverage. It will re-open at 8 a.m. on Saturday, January 13.
The hospital’s emergency department will also be closed Monday, January 15 from 4 to 10 p.m.
Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child experiences prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby (under six months of age) has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
For non-urgent care, Islanders are encouraged to visit their primary-care provider or a walk-in clinic (www.healthpei.ca/walkinclinics) or call 8-1-1 to speak with an experienced registered nurse.