Apply to the Acadian and Francophone Cultural Tourism Product Services Fund
This is an online application for non-profit organizations seeking financial assistance to develop or promote their Acadian and Francophone cultural event. Applications will be received until April 30, 2021.
Is my organization eligible for the Acadian and Francophone Cultural Tourism Product Services Fund?
To be eligible for financial assistance your organization must have:
- a non-profit registration number;
- a recognized governing body; and
- $2 million liability insurance coverage.
What type of project or activity will this fund support?
This fund will support up to 60 per cent of a project or activity that:
- has a strong Francophone component;
- will draw out-of-province visitors and encourage them to stay longer; and
- can be completed between April 1st and March 15th of the year funding is received.
Financial assistance is offered for product development and dissemination including assistance to plan, organize and promote/market a festival and/or cultural tourism product/experience
What do we need in order to apply for funding?
Because this fund supports the development of Acadian and Francophone cultural tourism in PEI, your organization's application should demonstrate a high level of Francophone content and that your organization has a plan to attract out-of-province Francophone visitors.
You will need to provide:
- background information related to your non-profit organization;
- a description of the Acadian and Francophone content in the previous edition of your organization's event;
- a description of how your organization's event will improve market expectations and to increase visitor participation;
- an explanation of how your organization will identify Francophone and other attendance at it's event;
- an explanation of how your organization will collect feedback from attendees;
- a clear description of your organization's proposed activity with objectives for increased visitation and potential for growth;
- a detailed description of revenue and how your organization will attract corporate sponsorship, community support, partnerships;
- a detailed project budget, using the provided spreadsheet; and
- a COVID-19 Operational Plan and a viability plan that addresses the information listed here.
How long will it take to complete this online funding application?
If all supporting documents are ready, this online application can be completed in less than one hour.
When will funds be dispersed?
- Once your project is approved, all required supporting documents are submitted and the funding agreement is signed, 80 per cent of funds will be issued.
- The final 20 per cent will be released upon receipt of final invoice and the approval of the final reporting documents, due before March 15th.
What else should I know before I apply for financial assistance?
Other things to consider when completing your application for funding:
- Applications may be accepted after April 01st until funds are depleted.
- Applicants should apply to only one departmentally funded program for each project.
- A detailed project budget must be included in the application. Financial support from this program cannot exceed 60 per cent of the total project cost.
- The program management committee will consider the financial contributions of the applicant, other government agencies and community partners when reviewing applications.
- The organization must have completed previous funding commitments as per past agreements.
Who do I contact for information about this fund?
Acadian and Francophone Cultural Tourism Product Services Fund
Cultural Development Division, Innovation PEI
Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture
94 Euston Street
PO Box 910
Charlottetown PE C1A 7L9
Toll-free (North America): 1-800-563-3734