Atlantic Immigration Program – Endorsement Application
The Atlantic Immigration Program is an employer-driven, federal immigration program designed to help fill permanent labour shortages and skill gaps in your business by supporting skilled foreign workers and international graduates for permanent residency.
What is the process?
To be eligible to endorse a foreign national, you must be a designated employer.
The endorsement application requires you to:
- show that you haven’t been able to fill the job with someone locally
- you don’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment
- show that the job offer meets the program requirements
- have completed the free onboarding training (required with first Endorsement Application for a Designated Employer only)
- show proof that you’ve completed the intercultural competency training (required with first Endorsement Application for a Designated Employer only)
If your candidate is applying for a work permit, you must request a referral letter from the PEI Office of Immigration when you’re applying for endorsement.
If the PEI Office of Immigration approves your Endorsement Application, the Certificate of Endorsement will be sent directly to the applicant (employer) who will then forward it on to the candidate and they can apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residency. Please refer to the Endorsement Guidelines for further information on completing this form.
How do I apply?
A Designated Employer can apply for Endorsement by clicking the "Apply Now" button below and completing the online form.
Endorsement applications must be submitted by the Designated Employer and not the candidate directly.
Do I have to pay a fee?
There are no fees payable to the Province for the endorsement process.
What information do I need to include with the online application?
Within two business days of submitting your online Endorsement Application, you will receive a secure link to upload all the supporting documents. You can refer to the AIP Checklist for Endorsement for a complete list of documents required for your submission.
Please ensure the following documents are complete and saved as one, combined PDF file:
- IMM0157E Job Offer Form
- Detailed Job Description
- Employment Contract
- Proof of recruitment efforts
- Evidence of the candidate’s previous work experience
- If the candidate has completed and passed a language exam (IELTS or CELPIP for English, TEF Canada or TCF Canada for French), a copy of the results.
- The candidate's (including any accompanying family members’) settlement plan
- Signed copy of the Employee Declaration Form
- If the candidate is already in Canada, a copy of their legal status in the country (work permit, visitor permit or study permit)
- Passport, Birth Certificates & Marriage Certificate for Candidate and all dependants listed
Who can I contact with questions?
Forward questions related to the program to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (902) 620-3628.