Cancer Patient Navigation Program
The PEI cancer patient navigator is available to help you and your family at any point on your cancer journey.
Whether you are being investigated for a suspicion of cancer, or have already completed treatment, you can reach out to the navigator for support.
The cancer patient navigator does not provide medical care, but may be able to help address your medical and non-medical needs through support, education, advocacy, and referrals to programs and services.
The cancer patient navigator can:
- help you understand the Cancer Treatment Centre referral and triage process;
- find answers to your questions about cancer screening or genetic testing;
- find answers to your questions about your care plan or next steps;
- help you navigate the cancer care system if you have experienced barriers or challenges;
- listen to your concerns and provide brief supportive counselling;
- connect you with appropriate programs and services such as social programs, community groups, counselling, spiritual care, tobacco cessation support, the provincial breast prosthesis program, or a dietitian;
- ensure you feel prepared and supported during out-of-province travel for cancer-related medical appointments or procedures;
- help coordinate your care between provinces if you are moving to/from PEI;
- connect you to resources that may be able to help with financial needs and expenses for medications, travel, or medical supplies.
How can I contact the cancer patient navigator?
The cancer patient navigator is available Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
How can I refer myself or someone else to the navigator?
Please complete an online referral to the cancer patient navigator.
If you do not receive a response within two to three business days the navigator may be out of the office temporarily. If you require more timely support, please call the PEI Cancer Treatment Centre at 902-894-2027 to be directed appropriately.
Self-referrals, referrals for friends and family members, and referrals for clients or patients are all accepted.