Early Childhood Education Grants
Early Childhood Education Grant Guidelines
The purpose of the Early Childhood Education Grant is to provide our early childhood education workforce with the opportunity to develop and strengthen knowledge, skill base, and credentials necessary to provide excellence in early learning and child care.
Who can apply?
- Permanent, casual, part-time and temporary employees of Licensed Early Childhood Centres (including Early Years Centres), Preschool Centres and Family Home Centres are eligible to receive funding under this program.
- We encourage applications from all interested individuals, including but not limited to members of the following groups; Black and other racialized communities, LGBTQ2S+ communities, Indigenous Peoples, official language minority groups, people living with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups.
Which education programs are eligible?
To be eligible for funding, the course must be provided by an accredited post-secondary institution that satisfies the requirements of the Early Learning and Child Care Board.
Approved courses being offered between April 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024 are eligible for funding
The following courses are eligible:
- Holland College Accelerated ECCE Diploma
- Holland College Accelerated ECCE Certificate
- Holland College courses recognized towards meeting the requirement for ECE 1:
- Curriculum 1: Play is Learning
- Preschool Development
- Indirect Guidance
- Collège de l'Île courses recognized towards meeting the requirement for ECE 1:
- Relation de soutien au pres de l'enfants
- Development pre-scholaire
- Curriculum 1: Le jeux au couer de la prentisage
- Many other courses are eligible as well. To confirm eligibility of other courses, please contact Monique McClean, Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board at email@example.com or 902-368-6518.
What costs can this grant cover?
- 100% of the tuition cost for eligible courses, up to $2500 per applicant annually.
The following costs are not eligible for funding: course fees which are above the cost of the course, such as student fees, facility fees or other non-course related fees; text books; course materials; salary; travel; accommodations; meals; professional dues; membership fees; and exams without a delivered learning component.
How much funding can I receive?
- Annually, applicants will be eligible to receive a maximum allocation of up to $2,500 subject to availability of funds.
What is the application deadline?
- There is no application deadline for the Education Grant, however all applications will be subject to the availability of funds.
What else do I need to know?
- If you have received previous funding under this program you must include proof of completion (an unofficial transcript) for courses funded in your application.
- Applicants must notify the fund administrator immediately if withdrawing an application or the course is cancelled.
- Individuals who receive funding and who do not complete the course must reimburse the amount granted.
- The Department of Education and Early Years reserves the right to withhold new funding until the applicant has satisfied all responsibilities associated with previously funded learning opportunities.
Please submit the completed application form and supporting documentation online by clicking the 'Apply Now' button at the bottom of this page.
Confirmation of course eligibility from the Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board if your course is not listed above;
- Proof of payment and registration if it is available at the time of application. Proof of course cost will be accepted to submit your application until proof of payment is available;
- A letter of support from your employer;
- An unofficial copy of your transcript if you have previously received funding for course(s) through the Department of Education and Early Years (previously the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning) Education Grant Program.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-Prince Edward Island Canada-Wide Early Learning and Childcare Agreement
For help uploading your document:
For more information contact Nickey Christiansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 288-1148
Incomplete applications will not be considered.