Graduate Registered Nurses - Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program
The PEI Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program for Graduate Registered Nurses is an initiative to provide meaningful employment opportunities for recent graduates and to fill vacant Registered Nurse positions of Health PEI.
Who is eligible for PEI Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program?
- Students completing the last year of a recognized Canadian Bachelor of Nursing program or those completing a full RN Bridging/Re-Entry program;
- Registered nurses who are not participants in the BN Sponsorship or New Graduate Employment Guarantee programs; and
- Applicants who are eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island; and
- Applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Are students eligible who are enrolled in a Canadian Bachelor of Nursing program in a university outside of PEI?
Yes, students from all recognized Canadian nursing programs are encouraged to apply.
Incentives and Opportunities
- A one-time financial incentive of $5,000 is available effective March 1, 2020. Start date of employment with Health PEI must be March 1, 2020 or later, and a return in service agreement must be signed and approved, with an effective date of March 1, 2020 or later;
- A guarantee of two years (3,900 working hours) of full-time employment with Health PEI; and
- Permanent status with Health PEI which includes:
- vacation and sick leave benefits,
- health and dental benefits,
- seniority hours, and
- pension benefits.
Is there a return-in-service commitment?
Yes, there is a two year (3,900 working hours) return-in-service agreement that must be signed by the applicant and the employer prior to the commencement of work.
What vacancies exist?
Applicants’ stated preferences for work facilities and/or units will be taken into consideration during the assignment process. Applicants will be assigned to vacancies that have been identified by Health PEI.
What is the deadline to apply?
Applications are received and processed on an on-going basis.
Will interviews be conducted?
Yes, the PEI Public Service Commission will hold interviews for eligible applicants. Eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview in a timely manner depending on the date of program completion.
When will applicants know if they are accepted into the program?
Successful applicants will be notified within one month after interview is completed.
What information is required to complete the online application?
You will need to provide the following information to complete the on-line application:
- Personal identity and contact information, including a valid email address.
- Identity and contact information for an alternate individual.
- Academic information including your educational institution, program of study and expected date of completion.
- Canadian residency status.
Do I need to provide references?
You will need to provide two references who can provide suitable, relevant information about your nursing qualification. References must be:
- a preceptor;
- a direct supervisor, or
- a clinical instructor.
Send this online reference form to each of your references. Each reference must email a completed reference form directly to the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at PSCstudentreference@gov.pe.ca with the subject line “Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program - Graduate Registered Nurses".