Liquefied Petroleum (LP) Gas Personnel Licence
Inspection Services and Provincial Planning Offices located in Charlottetown and Summerside will reopen to the public on June 15, 2020. Meetings with inspectors or planning staff will be by appointment only.
Montague and O’Leary locations will be accessible to the public by appointment only.
Please be advised that there will be screening protocols and operational procedures in place to protect both the public and our staff.
Clients with appointments are asked to call the staff person they have arranged to meet when they arrive. Directions on when and where to enter the building will be explained.
We wish to remind the public that many of our permits and licenses can be applied for online.
Additionally applications will be accepted via email, fax or mail.
Mail: 31 Gordon Drive, Charlottetown, PE, C1A 6B8
A valid Liquefied Petroleum (LP) Gas Personnel Licence is required for any individual providing the following services:
- Install, alter or service any LP gas appliance
- Operate or drive any LP gas delivery vehicle
- Operate a LP gas filling plant
All licences currently being issued will expire December 31, 2020. To renew your LP Gas Personnel Licence online, click the button below.
What if I need a first-time licence?
To qualify for a licence, you must be at least 18 years of age and successfully complete an approved LP gas training program.
Apply directly to the Propane, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector, submitting the following:
- Is proof of age and training required?
- Full payment for each licence class: $40 per year (cheque payable to Minister of Finance);
- A completed Application for L.P. Gas: Personnel Licence
Please allow one week to process your application.
What do I need to complete the online renewal form?
- Personal contact information
- Employer contact information
- Each category of licence you are renewing
- Full payment of fee for each licence category selected. Each two-year licence renewal: $80
How long will it take to complete the online form?
You can complete the form in less than 30 minutes.
How long will it take to process my renewal?
Your renewal is valid when you submit the online form and payment.
Who can I contact for more information?
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Charlottetown, PE C1A 6B8
Telephone: (902) 368-5567
Fax: (902) 368-5526