Liquefied Petroleum (LP) Gas Personnel Licence
A valid Liquefied Petroleum (LP) Gas Personnel Licence is required for any individual providing the following services:
- Install, alter or service any LP gas appliance
- Operate or drive any LP gas delivery vehicle
- Operate a LP gas filling plant
All licences currently being issued will expire December 31, 2020. To renew your LP Gas Personnel Licence online, click the button below.
What if I need a first-time licence?
To qualify for a licence, you must be at least 18 years of age and successfully complete an approved LP gas training program.
Apply directly to the Propane, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector, submitting the following:
- Is proof of age and training required?
- Full payment for each licence class: $40 per year (cheque payable to Minister of Finance);
- A completed Application for L.P. Gas: Personnel Licence
Please allow one week to process your application.
What do I need to complete the online renewal form?
- Personal contact information
- Employer contact information
- Each category of licence you are renewing
- Full payment of fee for each licence category selected. Each two-year licence renewal: $80
How long will it take to complete the online form?
You can complete the form in less than 30 minutes.
How long will it take to process my renewal?
Your renewal is valid when you submit the online form and payment.
Who can I contact for more information?
Chief Boiler Inspector
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Telephone: (902) 368-5567
Fax: (902) 368-5526
This service accepts payments using VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard, and Debit MasterCard.