Liquefied Petroleum (LP) Gas Personnel Licence
Notice - New procedures during COVID-19 Circuit Breaker
Provincial Planning and Inspection Services
The Land Division's Provincial Planning and Inspection Services Sections offices will provide services virtually. Appointments can be made for those essential services that cannot be provided remotely.
- Information for Building and Development Permit Applications can be found here.
- Information for Subdivision Applications can be found here.
- For all other services use online services, if available.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns at:
- Charlottetown (902)-368-5280
- Monatgue (902)-838-0605
- Summrside (902)-432-2802 .
A valid Liquefied Petroleum (LP) Gas Personnel Licence is required for any individual providing the following services:
- Install, alter or service any LP gas appliance
- Operate or drive any LP gas delivery vehicle
- Operate a LP gas filling plant
All licences currently being issued will expire December 31, 2020. To renew your LP Gas Personnel Licence online, click the button below.
What if I need a first-time licence?
To qualify for a licence, you must be at least 18 years of age and successfully complete an approved LP gas training program.
Apply directly to the Propane, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector, submitting the following:
- Is proof of age and training required?
- Full payment for each licence class: $40 per year (cheque payable to Minister of Finance);
- A completed Application for L.P. Gas: Personnel Licence
Please allow one week to process your application.
What do I need to complete the online renewal form?
- Personal contact information
- Employer contact information
- Each category of licence you are renewing
- Full payment of fee for each licence category selected. Each two-year licence renewal: $80
How long will it take to complete the online form?
You can complete the form in less than 30 minutes.
How long will it take to process my renewal?
Your renewal is valid when you submit the online form and payment.
Who can I contact for more information?
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Charlottetown, PE C1A 6B8
Telephone: (902) 368-5567
Fax: (902) 368-5526
Le gouvernement de l’Île-du-Prince-Édouard accepte les paiements en ligne faits avec Visa, MasterCard ou Interac En Ligne pour ce service.
Visitez le site web d’Interac En Ligne pour voir si votre institution financière offre ce service.