Re-Apply to the Family Health Benefit Drug Program
If you are a family currently receiving benefits under the Family Health Benefit Drug Program with children under the age of 19 or under the age of 25 and a full-time student, you can re-apply online to continue to receive benefits.
Am I eligible to re-apply?
If you have received benefits through this program in the previous year, you can re-apply to continue receiving benefits if you:
- are a permanent PEI resident as defined by the Drug Cost Assistance Act;
- have a valid PEI Health Card;
- have filed your most recent income tax return in PEI; and
- are a low-income family supporting at least one child in the approved age categories.
If you are applying for a child under the age of 25 who is a full-time student, proof of enrolment from the post-secondary institution must be submitted to PEI Pharmacare prior to approval.
If joint custody of the qualifying child exists, both parents may apply to the program.
How much of the medication cost will be covered?
Assistance is based on family size and household income. While the program will cover the full cost of medication, you must pay the pharmacy dispensing fee.
- If you have 1 child, your net annual family income to qualify must be less than $24,800
- If you have 2 children, your net annual family income to qualify must be less than $27,800
- If you have 3 children, your net annual family income to qualify must be less than $30,800
- If you have 4 children, your net annual family income to qualify must be less than $33,800. If you have more than 4 children, add $3,000 for each additional child
Will my drug coverage be disrupted?
Coverage ends September 30 each year. You must re-apply each year before your coverage expires.
Coverage ends when you have no children under the age of 19 or under the age of 25 who are full-time students.
What if I move away from PEI?
Your eligibility for this program will end the day you leave PEI to take up residency elsewhere.
Who can I contact for more information?
16 Fitzroy Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4947
Toll free: 1-877-577-3737
Fax: (902) 368-4905